Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Polycystic, taking Duphaston for irregular cycles, also advised Glucophage. Can I get pregnant ?

hey, just wanted to get pregnant, married 5 months ago, i do hv irregular periods before marriage, n after marriage they became worse, now taking duphatson since last cycle, frm 14th day of my cycle for 14 days twice a day as gynae prescribed, also taking glucophage 500 mg twice a day, yesterdy i got my periods, em obese, 110 kgs with 5.7 height and 25 years old.
my ultrasound report says sugestive of polycystic ....
help me ...
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Polycystic ovarian disease is a symptom complex with irregular or absent ovulation, obesity, hirsutism, insulin resistance and infertility. Nevertheless, it responds very well to treatment and conception is very well possible. You should get a proper protocol work up that includes hormonal profiles, glucose tolerance test, tests for tubal patency and a trans-vaginal sonogram. Assessment of the male factor also is done simultaneously. The medication you are receiving at present is good, but you would need ovulation induction, cycle monitoring and timed intercourse for conception. You have to reduce weight as this definitely helps in correction of the problem to a good extent. Wish you success.
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor