Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Polio in right leg, slightly shorter than left leg. Is there any operation or treatment for this to walk normally ?

Hi Sir! I am 25yr old. i am affected by polio in my right leg when i was 3yrs old. By god grace i can walk and drive independently without others help. my right leg is little shoter then left leg. and my right foot there is no strength. there is any operation or treatment for this to walk like a normal person. I dint get any pain or difficult in walking now if i undergo any operation will affect my normal life by going with stick like tat. please tell me valuable good suggestion. Thanks in Advance.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello friend....u dont need to worry....coz now many surgeries available for polio correction....your short leg can be lenthened to normal with ilizarov......also your walking can be improved with tendon transfer surgeries and gait training....
Answered: Thu, 17 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor