Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

166 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Please tell me about my cholesterol reports

Chol:372 Tryglycerides:1252 HDL:19 LDL:could not test due to high results. Is this good or bad?
Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
  User's Response
's  Response
Bad - see a professional called a lipidologist, then see a cardiologist and get a stress followed by an echo. You could also get a CIMT of your carotid artery to determine the breadth of your disease.... I am sure when you got the panel results - you were told you were at increased risk of pancreatis because the TG > 1000mg/dl! Recommend - change diet to lean and leafy. Eat Cherrios and introduce metamucil or another disolved fiber into your diet. Consider oatmeal - not the instant. Cut out any added sugar or sweetner. Eat any type of nut, not peanut, at least 1 cup, each day. Preferred is the walnut followed by the almond. Increase your intake of fish - preferrable saltwater. Exercise - moderate to heavy - go with weight bearing as that is the quickest way to add mass and turn those TGs into energy thus lowering their overal content in your blood. After 3 months - another fasting lipid panel. Did you follow the diet and exercise. Then, based on NCEP updated #3 - follow the flow chart with your provider and get appropriate pharma to change overall 10 year risk for CHD and CVD. Get help - he involved - get active
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hello docter, My cholesterol levels are as follows.. fasting blood sugar 99 total cholesterol 186 hdl 42 ldl 141 Test report on 07.05.2014 please tell about my health and what should i follow nkml,lN

doctor1 MD

i have checked my cholestrol levels in two months break. previous report shows 233 overall with triglycerides 157 HDL 48 LDL 157. test recently shows 236 overall with triglycerides 182 HDL 48 LDL 152. Kindly tell me the cholestrol status. do i need to take medication

doctor1 MD

Hypothyroid and Cholesterol, SGPT, WBC and FBS levels are not normal and also missed periods? I am 30 year old single female. Due to my divorce 2 years ago I was very depressed and almost not doing any activity. Right now my weight is more than 85 kg, and I am obsessed. last year I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and my TSH level was 6.5, so doctor prescribed thyronorm 50 mcg which I am taking regularly. Now recently I underwent full body chcek-up and my thyroid level was normal, but sgpt, wbc, FBS levels are elevated and lipid profile is also not normal. Following are my report, wbc (white blood cells ) - 11300, fbs (fasting blood sugar) - 108.2, sgpt - 49 u/l and serum Triglyceride is 205.3 mg/dl and S HDL cholesterol is 30.4 mg/dl which all is not normal. Most important is I missed my 3 periods and haven t experienced menstruation since last 3 months. My feet and legs are always swollen. I feel like there is ring on my ankle because my ankles are swollen as if there is a water retention. I also have a hump below the back of neck on my back. I searched about it on google and I found that it can be due to elevated cortisol levels but I am not sure why do I have it. My heels are also paining every morning on waking up. After waking up I feel I have no energy and I feel so tired. I experience problem in breathing after climbing stairs and can t sit on floor for long time maybe because of obesity . If I sit on floor for more than 5 minutes and if feet is pressed below my thighs then I feel as if some too many ants are running and biting in my feet because of lack of enough blood circulation in feet and hence I have to keep my feet straight to let blood circulation in feet so that ants running in the feet feeling disappear. If I sit on floor then I have difficulty in standing up without anyone s support. My thighs, lower ab and calf are very fat. I also have skin problem like new moles are formed in body, fungus below breast, rough skin between the breast and weird rough lines are formed on neck and back of neck etc. I also have lots of grey hair . I got the appointment of doctor after 7 days as he is v. busy but I talked to him on phone and he said this all must be due to obesity but I can only say after I meet you. I admit that my lifestyle is very bad, but I am not drinking or smoking but I am not doing any exercise and eating lot of fried food and fast food and also my body clock is disturbed and irregular like I get up late in morning or sometimes wake up whole night and sleep whole day, please tell me now what do I do to get my health better and how do I get my periods back. I am worried as I am too young and also single.