Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Please tell me about endometrial hyperplasia

My mum who went through menopause few years ago was diagnosed 4 weeks ago with endometrial hyperplasia . with endocervical polyp. hypothyroidism and atrophic changes. Pap smear test results were not satisfactory and she was asked to go back and get biopsy done. I have no idea what all these means, but results were as follows: Pap test – not satisfactory. Colcoscopy not satisfactory. Normal colocoscopyic characteristics, atrophic changes. cytopathology report: small amount of epitheliocystis in the top and middle layer. normal cells of basal layer (basal layer cells?) atrophic cell plasts. Reasonable amount of endocervical glandular cells. endometrial hyperplasia. endocervical gland - size 1cm. Hypothyroidism, atrophic changes. She was told to start taking Levothyroxine for 6 weeks and then go back to doctor for Polypectomy and diagnostical examination of cervix. I just translated this from Georgian language into English as accurately as I could. But if some things don’t make sense, it is because of this. I am really really worried and need someone to explain all of this to me. I really appreciate your help.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  606
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Natia, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
I am sorry to say this. Your Mum's Colposcopy, Cytopathology and PAP smear suggest either Endometrial cancer or Cervical Cancer. She needs to get a Biopsy done and consult a Gynecologic Oncologist to evaluate her further. She needs to take her Levothyroxine medicines as prescribed by her Doctor for lifelong and go for regular follow up. Endometrial hyperplasia ccurs when the lining of the uterus that is endometrium grows too much. It is a benign condition not cancerous one. Rarely, it can lead to Uterine Cancer.
Good Luck,
Wish your Mum Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Fri, 1 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Dr. Mohammed, thank you so much for your answer. you say it is a benign condition not a cancerous one, even though her pap smear suggests cancer? does it mean it is a benign cancer and not a malignant one? does it mean that if she gets rid of her cervix she should be ok? i understand you don't have all the details...
i am so very thankful for your help.
Answered: Fri, 1 Apr 2011
  User's Response
Endometrial thickening is a gynecological inflammation.With the excitation of inflammation 、endocrine disorders 、or some drug stimulate ,that make the endometrium hypertrophy .The normal symptom is bleeding .
You can take tradition chinese medicine to treat .The medicine " Fuyan Pill "can cure it.
The medicine to cure female infertility caused by blockage, dropsy and adhesion of fallopian tube, Fuyan Pill aims at dissolving the pathogenic factors and root causes of such diseases, namely, eliminating the inflammatory diseases of reproductive system, such as PID, salpingitis, and so on, so that it could make sure a thorough cure of that.
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor