Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Please suggest the best surgeon for Stapedectomy in Kolkata

Hi, This is Ms.Chowdhury Sahera Saki from Bangladesh.I am 37 Years old.Iam Suffering from Otoclerosis & Doctor Advised me to have Stapedectomy . Now, I want to know about the best sergeons of Stapedectomy in kolkata.Please Advise me.
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  201
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
hi welcome
for this therapy you have to approach appolo hospitals in kolkotta
Dr. Kamalendu Halder is an ent surgeon you can contact
thanking you
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
While on the topic of Otosclerosis:
1. Stapedectomy does not cure otosclerosis, merely bypasses the disease for a few years. Ultimately, as the disease progresses from the middle ear into the cochlea, you will have to use a hearing aid.
2. Given even the slight risk of total hearing loss forever, you should consider a trial with a Baha (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid).
3. If you still wish to get operated, do so only in one ear. Lifestyle changes are required after stapedectomy.
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor