Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Please suggest me the treatment for club foot

My child is born with a deformed leg. her left foot is clubed. the neonatologist who examined the baby refered us to orthopaedician. the bone doc told to hold the leg in the proper position while breast feeding the child, this is the advise he gave to us. now ny daughter is 3 months old. when ever we hold the leg it will be in the normal position as soon as we leave the leg will go into deformed position.the doc is telling to manupliate the leg till 6 months. is this the right treatment, what if the club foot do not get corrected?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Nov 2009
Answers:  4 Views:  398
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Club foot is a birth defect. It is seen in many children. It is corrected by maniuplating the foot. What your doctor has advised is correct, you can do how ever your doctor has advised. If this doesnot help i think your child may need surgery.
Answered: Sun, 1 Nov 2009
  User's Response
yes i agree with sukhneer its birth defect, meet a poditrist and get the surgery done as soon as possible. or it can lead to permanent problem for you. it can even cause some defomity, go for surgery as soon as possible.
Answered: Tue, 1 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

i think operation of the foot is the right treatment for club foot you should visit other orthopaedician and get the operative correction done

Answered: Sun, 1 Nov 2009
  Anonymous's Response

What about casting the leg? I think my dad was born with a club foot and it was corrected with casting.

Answered: Sun, 6 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor