Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Please suggest a good hospital in Bangalore that treats patients who consume toilet acid

what are the best hospitals in Bangalore treating patients who has consumed toilet acid? patient is 20 years old with kneecap replacement done and treated over 1month for this. but the condition is not so improving. he has extensive eating problebs due to execcisive vomiting.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

Consumption of toilet acid is an Emergency, it is considered as Acute Poisoning unless the quantity consumed is very minimal and negligible.

In such an emergency you need to avail services in a nearby hospital at the earliest.

Based on the clinical stability of the patient, he can be shifted to a higher centre or treated at the same hospital.

As for the patients' Knee condition, let him continue the orthopedicians's advise.

One of the best exercises for knee problems is Swimming, Patient can try it. It really helps.

There is also eating problems with him due to excessive vomiting. There may be an underlying psychological problem.

It is suggested of him to visit a Psychiatrist/ counsellor for his eating problems as well as to prevent further episodes of toilet acid consumption.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you a good health


Answered: Sun, 26 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor