Pleae tell me soon I am loosing my confidence, please suggest

I am 20 year old boy.i am facing changes in my voice for last 2-3 years.My voice low pitched and all friends say my voice is now like girl's voice.Also in a noisy place it is not audible to other person even if they are very near to me.Sometimes When i spoke words not coming from my mouth only air comes and I have to repeat the word,but it happens rarely.Please tell about the problem and how can it be cured and what amount of money will spend on it. Pleae tell me soon I am loosing my confidence because of this problem.
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
This looks like a simple problem called puberophonia which can be treated by speech therapy. Please consult an ENT surgeon who will examine your larynx (vocal cords) and confirm the diagnosis. He will refer you to a speech therapist who will guide you accordingly. You will NOT need a large sum of money to treat this problem. But the earlier you start treatment, better is the chance of success.