Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

121 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Pleae tell me soon I am loosing my confidence, please suggest

I am 20 year old boy.i am facing changes in my voice for last 2-3 years.My voice low pitched and all friends say my voice is now like girl's voice.Also in a noisy place it is not audible to other person even if they are very near to me.Sometimes When i spoke words not coming from my mouth only air comes and I have to repeat the word,but it happens rarely.Please tell about the problem and how can it be cured and what amount of money will spend on it. Pleae tell me soon I am loosing my confidence because of this problem.
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
  User's Response
's  Response
This looks like a simple problem called puberophonia which can be treated by speech therapy. Please consult an ENT surgeon who will examine your larynx (vocal cords) and confirm the diagnosis. He will refer you to a speech therapist who will guide you accordingly. You will NOT need a large sum of money to treat this problem. But the earlier you start treatment, better is the chance of success.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

good morning sir/madam ! dear dr. ! I m 19 yrs. old guy. before describing u my problem, I d lke to tell u we ve nuclear f amily. my father is an employee in an company and mother is housewife. my problems are that I feel often very frustated and tired. sometimes I feel about to die. I always often lack of energy and confidence both. Im afraid of going before crowd . I like to live in lonely place. Im kind of shy and afraid in talking to girls. I ve much negative thoughts about ma future. this is, of course, not since childhood but happening for 2 yrs. I feel ma penis has become smaller in comparison of 4 yrs. ago. and I ve some sexual problems also like- loose penis and testis and pain in testis, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, less sperm count as semen is not whiter in comparison to 4 yrs. ago. I ve stomach problem relater to digestion as it s not very well at all. I ve a lot of pimples in ma face. my life has become hell. I don t wanna live anymore. I think I should die just now, commit suicide, but where ? hat s happening with me. I dont understand at all. a sexologist and psychiatry can understand me or those persons who have been like that. can anyone tell me plz what r these problems. what s the reason and how can it solved ? should I take medicines ? which types ? and how costly they will be ? Im very frustated. plz plz plz ........... help me.. and I also wanna mention here that I ve been taken a medicine name frxt100 for about a year which was very costly.. in starting it was extremely benificial for me. my sexual problem was removed at all and penis was also tight. I feel so young that I ve never feel it before. but after a couple months later it doesn t work properly and I m at initial stage. when I don t feel well, it seems increasing in heart-beats, sweating, trembling, circulation etc. I don t have power to face problems.\ I ll be highly obliged if u help in anyway.. thank you !

doctor1 MD

Dear Sirs, I take this opportunity to get myself introduced with you as a citizen of Bangladesh. I am writing to you from Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh. I am exploring the possibilities of fruitful treatment of my daughter who got married in 2008 with a guy living in USA. I had to take her back from her husband as she had been continuously fighting with her husband and was leading a very unhappy life. She has been with us in Dhaka since last four months. We are trying to fix her in all possible ways, but unfortunately she now wants to go back to her husband though her husband does not want her to go back. She is suffering from the following diseases. 1.     Frustration 2.     Depression 3.     Lack of self confidence 4.     Getting pessimist day by day 5.     Loosing energy to do any kind of work 6.     Loosing health I am looking for a clinic where I can admit her to recover and get her to normal life. Can you please help me? Looking forward to your prompt reply. Regards, Mosharraf Hossain (Nowab)

doctor1 MD

I m 15 and I m a freshman in high school .my sister is 17 and she s a senior everyday people tell me your sisters pretty or she has a nice body etc. this really upsets me because I feel ugly and that no one likes me. All the freshman boys always tell me how pretty she is and I don t know what to say. Also my confidents is low and idk what to do anymore. I also hate how they Check her out right in front of me please help me.