Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Plastered fractured hand got separated again. Can it be joined by strong medication without surgery?

Dear Doctor, Doctors please i need your advise i dont know what to do. my Problem is before 8 months ago i have fractured my left hand , the little bone then i didnt know only after 3 months later, i went to doctor and then he plaster my hand, and the bone after he took away the plaster was 80% joined but i dont know how and then the bone get separeted again they told me i am going to need a surgery, i am afraid of it. Is there any way to get relief and the bone get joined normally buy using strong vitamins or something else without a surgery, because i really afraid of surgery. Please advise me.
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The fracture in your hand is 8 months old. If the bone has not yet healed, it is most likely gone into non union. Such bone do need surgical intervention for an internal fixation to stimulate proper healing. Medical treatment or dietary modifications will not help you.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 9 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor