Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Planning for baby. Sperm test done. Progression low. Taken zinc supplement. How to increase this level?

I ve been married 3 years back and till now we don t have a baby and she never got pregnant ,i ve got my sperm test a year back it , all counts seems to ok except the rapid linear progression which is 5 %, doctor giving me some kind of zinc supplement , can you plz guide me about how do i increase this what treatment should i do ??? cuz i m really getting upset now.....
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Asthenosprmia meaning there by that the percentage of active motile sperms is 5 %.

Normally as per WHO standards and accepted by infertility centres world wide the percentage of active grade one sperm required to fertilize female eggs should be 12-15 % .

Truly speaking there are no medications that can increase the sperm motility however following measure will help you to increase motility of sperms.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..

Answered: Tue, 25 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor