• question-icon

Pins and needles at back of tongue, tiredness. Have bursitis, shoulder pain. Are these connected?

Hi thank you. I have pins and needles at the back of my tongue. This has been happening for about four days and for some reason I now feel mildly anxious when it happens. It occurs sporadically throughout the day. I am also extremely tired and run down and a smoker. Thank you
I also have a bad case of bursitis and shoulder pain on left hand side, could this be connected?
Fri, 25 Oct 2013
Dentist 's  Response

Needles at the back of tongue may be due to- depapillation of tongue due to vitamin deficiency.

Corticosteroids has to be administered in such cases.

Meanwhile,maintain oral hygiene well.

Vitamin be c os ules and iron supplements has to be administered.

Avoid spicy foods,smoking.

Hope this helps.