Pinky toe swollen, purple and bruised, painful, inability to move. Need for urgent care?

My child stubbed their pinky toe 2 days ago while with my ex. They iced it the first night, but not since then. Tonight when I picked up the kids, their pinky toe is swollen and purple/bruised. When I move the toe, it is painful to my child, but they are not screaming. When I ask my child to move their toes, the pinky toe moves slightly, but it is very difficult and painful for my child to move it. My ex is resistent to me taking them to an urgent care place, but regardless I want to do what is best for my child. Do we need to go to an urgent care center? Thanks!
Fri, 5 Jul 2013