Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Pinky finger injured. Have a hook nail. Can I get it fixed?

Hi when i was about 3 years old i slammed my finger in the door. The end of my pinky got cut off. My parents took me to the doctor and the doctor said that it didnt need to be sewed back on. Now as a result i have a hook nail. I was wondering is it possible to treat? If i get to a certain age is it uncurrable or incurrable from the start?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
The hook nail deformity can be corrected by plastic surgery.
It is possible to treat the finger and tip deformities by giving minor incisions and by using fine threads.
If the finger is short, skin grafting method can be used to reconstuct the finger.
Consult a Plastic surgeon th assess the deformity and to explain the available methods and their appropriateness.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor