Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Pink, squishy growth in inner thigh. What is it? Suffered from MRSA in past, cured with antibiotics

Hello. My boyfriend has developed a bright pink, squishy growth on his inner thigh. We went to a doctor and based on the fact that my boyfriend has suffered with MRSA in the past, multiple times, the doctor prescribed him antibiotics and pain pills. At first, we too believed it was MRSA because it resembled it a lot. But now, my boyfriend says he doesn't believe it is MRSA because it doesn't look, or feel like MRSA. I am very concerned and he keeps putting off visiting the doctor again. If you could please give me your medical opinion on this. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The problem in inner thigh may be due to fungal infection or rash or due to bacterial. If you can upload the photo of the lesion we can better diagnose.

For now ask him to keep the area clean and dry, wear only loose fitting sun dried cotton inner wears, wash the area and dry it with compression but no rubbing. Use antiseptic (betadine lotion) to clean the area. These will help him. Further management needs examination of the lesion and also peripheral area for any lymph node enlargement and any other problem.

Hope this helps you.

Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor