Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Pink join, problem sacro region, pain. What is do u suggest for this?

I ve been taking ATORVASTATIN CALCIUM 40MG since starting soon after Nov 27, 2013. I had a problem wit the pinky joint . The tendon to the pinky seens to have shortened and pops every time I open and close it and it hurts when I perform this action. About 3 weeks ago I found that I could not straight up and the sacro region vertibre was the culprit and gave me pain. Two days ago I stopped taking the medication and have seen approximate 60% improvement, The med was perscribed for colestrol. Replacing SIMURSTATIN. Prescribed by VA. Can you comment.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Muscle problems are often associated with the use of statins (drugs used to lower cholesterol) of all types (including atorvastatin, simurstatin, etc.).

Once the muscle problems are noticed, usually, I recommend my patients to stop using statins; instead, lifestyle and diet changes can help them to lower cholesterol.

So, I do suggest to stop taking statins of any type (even simurstatin) and discuss such problems with your doctor reminding him/her about the latest warnings over the statin use.

Hope it helped!
Answered: Sat, 31 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor