Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Pimples with pus on legs, itching, severe pain. Causes for symptoms?

Hi, I have many small, pimple-like with pus in my one leg. I dont what it is. I am an indoor type of person and does not go anywhere except my place of work and home. We dont have pets in home and do get intimate with others except with my wife. It is kinda recurring and itchy and painful. Can you help me in finding the right medicine for this. I would really appreciate it if you could send me an answer. thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The small pimple with puss which your mentioning is most probably a boil (infection of hair follicle) .Boil don't need contact with any body to develop.
All you need is rest to part , a course of antibiotic like ciprofloxicin for 3 days along with pain killer
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Thu, 6 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Stephen Christensen's  Response
Hello. I'm Dr. Christensen.
I'm sorry you're uncomfortable. It isn't possible to diagnose your condition without an examination, but it sounds like you might have a case of folliculitis, which is caused by a bacterial infection of your hair follicles. Staph, strep and other bacteria that inhabit your skin can enter your follicles when your skin's normal immune barriers are disrupted. Shaving, friction from tight-fitting clothing, moisture and heat can break down these barriers and allow the bacteria to move into your follicles.
In many cases, topical antibiotic creams, such as neomycin/polymyxin/bacitracin (Neosporin), will clear up a case of folliculitis. Washing the area twice daily with an antibacterial soap, such as chlorhexidine, will also help. Wear loose-fitting clothing, and try to avoid friction over the affected area. If your rash doesn't improve within 3 or 4 days, see your doctor to confirm your diagnosis and discuss other treatment options.
I hope that helps.
Answered: Thu, 6 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Nsah Bernard's  Response
Dec 2012
You have superinfected dermatitis/prurigo (will need to actually see the lesions to place the correct diagnosis). Just see a physician who might get you an appropriate antibiotics for staphylococci/streptococci germs and if not opened lesions associate with a topical corticosteroid

Wish you good health
Answered: Thu, 6 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor