Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Pimple on nose, growing in size, swelling near right eye, severe pain. Treatment options?

Hi, so I ve had this pimple on the side of my nose for at least a month or so and it just wouldn t go away. Recently however, it s begun to get bigger and is beginning to swell around my right eye and its becoming painful. I have an appointment scheduled with my dermatologist in a few days, but because of the swelling around my eye, I was wondering if there was anything I could do about it now, especially since I have school Monday morning.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  220
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
The bumps you are describing can be infected sebaceous cyst or boil with secondary edema around eye.
You will need oral and topical antibiotics along with anti inflammatory drugs for resolution of the swelling.
You need to visit your general physician or surgeon for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Hope this helps.
DR Sudarshan
Answered: Thu, 30 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor