Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Pimple at base of penis, pus oozed after popping. Should I be concerned?

Hi I sent in a question. I had a small pimple like bump at the base of my penis, and one on my sac. When I squeezed the one on my sac it popped like a pimple and puss came out. The one on the base of my penis was hard and I actually ripped open my skin but I got this little white ball out and it was hard too. Since I squeezed the one on my sac it has been hard and looks like it may be an ingrown hair . The one at the base tho has a white layer of soft scabby tissue. And is inflamed. I Am conserned it I may have an std . But I was tested and it came back clean. My family doctor didn t mention anything to me about the base of my penis because this happened after I was tested. Should I be concerned? I have not been sexually active and usually I am with one partner at a time. And very cautious about safe sex . I don t want hpv or hsv . Also since I quit anabolic steroids about two months ago. I noticed a few days ago I have small fleshy growths on my nipples. They go away with tee tree oil. And I m very worried its hpv. They are not present at this time. Can you offer insight to a specialist?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Sebaceous Cyst over base of the penis and scrotum.

The scrotal and skin around base of the penis skin is rich in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.
Normally they fade away without treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.
Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical evaluation and further treatment.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

If problem persists even after taking antibiotic you may need to get it excised under local anaesthesia.
Answered: Sun, 22 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor