Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Pilonidal cyst pain, heating pad and bath makes more painful

How else can we stop the pain from a palynomial cyst? The heating pad and the baths are only making it more painful. And getting him to take pain meds is not so easy. The appointment with the surgeon is later today - bute have been up all night
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
The cure of pilonidal sinus/ cyst is surgical excision.
Conservative treatment will have to used till surgical excision is done.
Severe pain in the sinus can be due to infection of the sinus tract.
A clinical examination to look for the features of infection are required - redness, tenderness, throbbing sensation, fever etc.
If these symptoms are present, antibiotic therapy will be required before taking the patient for surgery.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Sun, 10 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor