Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Pilondial cyst, flares up quiet a few times in the year, secretes pus. What precautions can be taken to avoid its occurrence?

Hi, I had pilonidal cyst about 1 year ago. last year it flare up 3 to 4 times and secrets pus n other things. Well after that it havent flare up. Should I worry about it. As I am going abroad for rest of life. I am extremely concerned about that. I heard that it is incurable condition and it will return any time of your life. I am 28. Please guide me
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for writing here.

Pilonoidal cyst occurs due to repeated friction of anal hairs to anal skin.

Frequent travelling,weraing tight clothes can worsen the condition.Keep area clean.

Use loose clothes.Take sitz bath regularly and antiboitics in case there is infection.

At times such cyst can form sinus.Definite treatment is surgery where cyst contents are removed from inside.

Hope this will solve your query.Take care.
Answered: Thu, 10 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor