Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Pigmentation like spots on neck, face, back and arms. Biopsy of affected skin done. Macular amyloidosis diagnosed. Advised glycolic peeling. Is it curable?

i am 43 years, non-diebetic female from . there are some pigmentation like spots in my neck , face, back and arms. Recently, as per advise of doctor i got biopsy of affected skin; which s result is- Macular amyloidosis . My doctor advised me to under go some sessions of Glycolic Peeling. Pl suggest: what to do? is it curable? will glycolic peeling be helpful?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  316
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi.Thanks for the query.
Macular amyloidosis can be reduced by the following steps:
1) Avoid Friction: you should avoid any rubbing or scrubbing of the affected areas .Skin should be very mildly patted dry after bath.
2) Sunscreen: Use broad spectrum sunscreens even at home and repeat after 4-5 hours.
3) Chemical peels: Glycolic peels (50-70% ) or Tri-chloro acetic acid peels ( 15-20 % ) for multiple sessions every 2-3 weeks.
The above when combined , should lighten the pigmentation to some extent.It might not go away completely although.macular amyloidosis is a deeper fort of pigmentation and it takes several months to achieve a good improvement.
Hope this helps..take care!
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor