Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Pierced my web. Have swelling, unable to remove the ring. Does using cutter cause tetanus?

hi. im 13 and i pierced my web ( the skin that attaches your toung to the bottom of your mouth) the bar i used was too small because of the swelling and its becoming imbedded. i cant unscrew the balls at the end and i need to get it off. my parents dont know i have it so i cant go to the docters or a piercing shop and im not going to tell them. im going to try and use wire cutters to get it off. the wire cutters i found were out side. im not scared about cutting the jewlery off but i dont want to get tetness from any rust on the wire cutters.. theres no sign of rust but is it possible theres some on them? if there is will it be bad for me?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  10
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
Do not use any type of tool yourself. You would be at risk if causing infection and/or causing injury. Go to the emergency department.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Answered: Mon, 2 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor