Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Pierced ears, scab formation, large lump formed behind right ear. Treatment options?

hi, I recently pierced my own ears. It started off as a little bit sore but thats normal as far as piercing goes. But about a week ago they started getting scabs over them. I decided to clean them but when i took it out there was a large lump on the back of my right ear. What is it? Everytime i put the piercing back in the skin starts to heal over the back of the earring. Please help?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  205
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at HCM
swelling in ear lobe after puncture might be due to collection of blood or infection.
if infection you will have fever, redness and pain in the area of the swelling.
then swelling has to be incised and drained.
if no fever and pain it might be due to collection of the blood due to trauma.
there is no need for incision, it will resolve on its own. incision is necessary only for cosmetic purposes.
Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor