• question-icon

Persisting pityriasis lichenoid chronica and sudden bouts of urticaria post undergoing narrow band ultraviolet therapy several times. Suggestion?

i had skin allergy two years ago and the doctor diagonised it as pupura once the problem started i was put on steroids and the problem subsided and suddenly my platelet count went down to 0000 and i was diagonised with thromborcytic purpura and was on steroids omnacartel for 8 months and now my condition is stable but since last one year i have been suffering from pitiriasis lichenoid chronica and sudden phases of urticaria .i underwent 20 sitting of narrow band ultraviolet therapy but i am still having the same problem
Thu, 21 Nov 2013
Hi i think pityriasis lichenoid chronica can be due to excessive usuage of steriods .cronic urticaria can be due to allergic food dyes and insect stings rule out them.use of vitamin a tablet daily once and application of moisteriser along with dipsalic ointment can cure the disease.use of atarax 25 mg at night and alaspan in the morning can cure urticaria