Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Persisting lower back pain. Have splotchy redness at the back of the neck. What is causing this?

im 53 and ive had lower back pain off and on for decades from weight lifting and construction work long ago and now for the first time i have a lot of lower back pain that travels and i have splotchy redness there with some slightly yellowish discoloration along with what seems to be neck pain on the backside of my neck ............any ideas ??
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The lower back pain and neck pain that you have could be related to degenerative changes in the spine. An MRI of the spine will help in detecting the exact problem. Till then you can take mild pain killers and muscle relaxants.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor