Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Persisting infection in the groin area. Pus filled cysts formed. Need a permanent cure

Hello, I have a persisting infection in my pubic groin area. For the past year it comes and goes regularily and almost always is infected. I believed it to be an ingrown hair but most recently I went to the hospital because a hole appeared there and I was told it is a cyst . This keeps happening in the exact same spot and I apply warm compresses to it and blood like pus usually oozes out of it. I have now been to another doctoe who doesn t think its a cyst? How do I stop this from continually reappearing and is it possible that it is a cyst?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  151
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response

Your cyst like skin problem is probably Hidradenitis suppurativa, a chronic recurrent scarring skin disease usually located at axilla and groin. it need some drug treatment and some surgical procedure to remove that. you should consult a dermatologis/ dermato surgery center.

this skin condition has some association with hormonal status, excessive sweating, life style, obesity etc.

hope you will recover soon.

With regards,
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor