Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Persisting crack and bump on forehead post years of injury. Cause?

Hi. I collapsed and banged my forehead about 3-4years ago and i still got a very slight bump and a crack that runs round the bump and along the side of my head behind my ear. I dont suffer with any pain apart from the odd headache . Just wondered why i still have the bump and got a crack and if i should get it checked by my gp
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  447
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Diabetologist 's  Response

Swelling is suggestive of hematoma formation(Collection of blood) and cranial bone fracture.

Headache also indicates that there is some pressure effect in that area.

This may lead to long term complications like cerebral atrophy and dementia.

You're also prone for infection due to defect in the cranium.

CT or MRI of the cranium and brain will help in assessing the extent of the damage.

Do consult your doctor.

Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor