Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Persisting burnt scars on chest and arms. Which medicine will help?

hi its going to be 3 years since i ve burnt with hot water. I got burnt from my face, chest and arms my doctor did tell me before i left the hospital that my face would be the first to heal and it was the first to heal. As for my chest and arms nothing has changed its still the same i cant wear open tops or vest because i m to embarrassed. So i would like to know which product can i use that will remove the scares?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for your query.
The treatment for scars depend on the nature, depth and extent of the injury and the scarring process.Depending on the same, there are several treatment options ranging from creams to surgical methods.
If the result of burns are only darker skin on smaller surface areas, topical depigmenting creams may be applied to achieve a lighter colour. Topical self drying silicone gel and topical silicone gel sheetings are safe and effective treatments for hypertrophic and keloidal scars. It is easy to apply and cosmetically acceptable.burns leading to contractures over a larger area are best treated by skin grafting from a normal region of the body.
You should visit a plastic surgeon to assess the nature and degree of scarring as the exact modality can only be suggested on inspecting the area .
hope this helps.take care!
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor