Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Persisting bleeding with cramps. Need to see a doctor?

i am experiencing pain in where it would feel like they were cramps from my period. ive also been on my period for 3 weeks now and hurts doing just about everything. i came home from school today because of it and the nurse down there said i should call my doctor and they can't get me in so im basically just wondering what could cause that
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
You seem to be suffering from a metropathic cycle. If you have been sexually active without any contraception, you should also exclude pregnancy. You should see a gynecologist for a complete evaluation; hormonal profile, local exam, blood counts, urinalysis and get appropriate treatment. If hormonal disturbance is the cause, it could be corrected by supplementation for a few months. Any infection may be treated with antibiotics and so are local causes. Please maintain a healthy weight and a healthy diet as weight disturbances, stress also can cause such changes in the menstrual pattern. Hope your query is answered. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 18 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor