Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Persisting ankle pain, difficulty in walking after taking sufficient rest, using cloth band. What can reduce pain?

sir, i m 23 yr old male.when i m jumping from stairs my anckle got injured but not fracture .it was hapend 3 months back .when i approached doctor he told me to give some rest for my injured leg .Though i used cloth band for 3 weeks ,still it gives pain when i walk for 10 min.what shall i do to redude this pain and suggest some exercises to anckle .
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to hcm
You might have sprained the ligament in ankle which is causing you so much of discomfort. As ankle is complex joint,sprain of ligament causes long term effects. Your ankle might have got weak due to sprain. Pain still persistent should be evaluated for any chronic fracture or arthritis developing due to improper treatment.
I advice you to visit orthopedician to rule out any fracture or arthritis. Later you can start exercises to strengthen your ankle. Simple exercise like standing on single foot for a minute each alternatively will help. Sit ups on both legs and then one leg. Also standing on ball of your foot on a staircase and heel outside the staricase and doing up and down movements wil help you improve your ankle power.
All the best
Answered: Mon, 23 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor