Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Persisting anemia, diagnosed as hookworms. Appropriate treatment?

hello i need help for my sister who is 22 years old and has been suffering from anameia for about seven years now ... on many investigations and studies it was last told by the doctors that the problem is of hookworms ,,,,what should be done next who will be the right specialist for her to consult and is it true that hookworm problem cannot be complettely cure ,,,pls help !.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response

You should consult a GI Surgeon. Initially a course of medications to eradicate the worms can be tried, but later if the problem persists or aggravates she may require surgery.


Answered: Mon, 27 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor