Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Persistent throbbing pain in right breast. Gave painkillers for fibroids. Anemic. Reason for pain?

I am 47 years old. Not started the menopause . But I have a persistent throbbing pain in my right breast and has continued for over a month. At 35 years old I did have a biopsy relating to fibroids . The pain seems to worsen when I bend over to pick something up etc. Can you help to put my mind at rest that this is not cancer. The doctor tells me its fibroids and gave me pain killers. Blood tests last week also revealed anaemia at 9.8 reading doctor says it should be 11. Is something wrong?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
hello madam
first i want to reassure you that your complaints are not related with breast cancer. Actually breast cancer is never painful in early stage and in late stages although it is painful but easily recognize by presence of hard lump(mass) Second your biopsy which may be either fibroadenoma (painless) or fibrodenosis ( painful condition) both are benign (noncancerous) condition and you mistakenly reported it fibroma which is disease of uterus not breast, for further discussion you have to inform me that what type of biopsy (fine needle biopsy or tomor excision biopsy) performed on you .
with blessing
Answered: Sat, 17 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor