Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Persistent swelling on the eyebrow post accident. CT-scan, X-ray showed blood clotting. Is there any treatment to get rid of it at the earliest?

My brother has met with an accident and his lest eye was swollen. Now after 1 week the eye swelling has subsided but the swelling on eyebrow is still there. He got the CT scan and X ray done which shows no internal trauma but blood clotting. I need to know that how long this swelling would last and is there any treatment for it to go early?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  590
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
I can understand that your brother is sufferings bruise problem. For the red marks to you can apply cortisone cream and take benadryl by mouth. You need to worry for the same and there is no need to meet a doctor too. Most of the bruise do not last longer than 3 weeks. It may change color from black to yellowish green. Do not pinch or scratch the area as it may cause further problems.
Answered: Mon, 28 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor