Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Persistent swelling in forehead after accident, increases on playing, no pain, want to get it removed. Advice?

i had an accident 7 years ago. There was swelling in my left part of my forehead . Doctor told me, he must cut that part to bring blood otherwise u can have a serious problem. But i didn t do that and take ice packs. It does helped but small swelling is still remains in my forehead. And sometimes when i play, the swelling part seems little bigger. i don t feel any pain in it, but i want it to be removed because it hampers my looks. So please help me out
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
it seems form your query that you have developed with simple hematoma which is a collection of the blood at the local site. Sometimes if it small enough then it resolves by itself but if it is slightly larger then it must be drained. I suggest you to get it drained otherwise it can cause serious complications.
Answered: Sat, 28 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor