Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Persistent spot in the groin area resembling a blister, is fluid filled, pains on touching. No improvement with bactroban. What could it be?

I am a 44 year old female. I had a spot in my groin area that appeared to be an infected hair. That was 12 weeks ago. My gynecologist looked at it and said to just leave it alone. When pressed on, it would slightly bleed an almost clear, sticky blood. I had a hysterectomy 10 weeks ago and my system is now all out of whack. It is not healing . A week ago, I went back to my gynecologist. She felt it and then pierced it. Only blood came out. She said leave it alone again. It looks like a bruise with a blister on top of it, the blister part being the size of a dime, the entire bruise/blister looking part, the size of a quarter. To touch, it feels smooth and fluid filled, like a blister. I have been putting bactroban on it but it hasn t changed. It hurts to the touch. I have never had anything like this. Can you tell me what it may be and how long it can stay there? I have been the MA to a gynecologist and have never seen this.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  168
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi i think it is granuloma pyogenicum .it is caused by injury and blood has clotted can present as blood blister with fluid like consistency .it cannot be cured by medical treatment .it is cured by electrocautery until there is no blood.after that broad spectrum antibiotic twice daily and application of t bact ointment can cure it.
Answered: Fri, 18 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor