Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Persistent soft swelling on the top of foot, pain between toes, pain radiating to leg during walking. Cause?

Hi, my partner has soft swelling across the top of one foot ,most painful between her 2nd and forth toes but she complains the pain radiates up her leg at times on walking. she is limping. The area is not hot or particularly red. What could it be? Does she need to see a doctor (she has had the pain for 3 days now with no improvement.
Sun, 10 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pulmonologist 's  Response
thanks 4 ur enquiry
is there any history of trauma????
as there is no signs of inflammation other than pain most probably it may be due to trauma and remarkably pain is also radiating and getting worse during walking.
put her on oral analgesics, give the foot rest and do a x-ray of that foot both AP and Lateral view and do a serum uric acid level. consult with local doctors after the reports getting available or consult with us
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor