Persistent severe cough, chest X-ray showed gland, had radical right nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma, want to know whether gland is related to cancer. Advice?

Hello doctor, Note: my dad has undergone a major rdical right nephrectomy by 2009 My dad had been to Sri Ramakrishna hospital this morning in coimbatore, he has been complaining of cough since 1.5 months. He had been advised by the doctor at Sri ramakrishna to take a x-ray before any further diagnosis. The doctor has found a GLAND in his chest x-ray . and hence he has been asked to undergo futher tests like blood test, CT scan and Cardio . We heard from lab technician that cardio is appearing normal which has now lessen our worries by 10%. But we are more worried because my dad is a Cancer patient who had undergone a major surgey in 2009. He was detected with Renal cell Carcinoma and had undergone Radical right nephrectomy and partial left nephrectomy. Since then, he has been under constant checkups and they appeared normal with no further cancer growths. Could you please help us with the below queries 1. Is gland something related to Cancer? 2. If so, is it curable Thanks for your time on my query. Regards loving daughter
Fri, 10 May 2013