Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Persistent mole on the outer labia, painful on touching, clear fluid and blood on squeezing. What medicines should be taken?

Hi im a 23 yr old female i have had a mole on my outer labia for quite a few years and it seems to have grown a little, its about the size of a pencil eraser and its squishy. The past 2 days it has hurt when i touch it and even barely graze it. I squeezed it thinking it may have a pimple in it but only a clear sticky fluid comes out and it bleeds some. Im just a little worried and not sure if it is something that should be checked? and i dont have a dermatologist just a general doctor, not sure if he is able to do anything about it either?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  364
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

A benign mole on the outer labia is harmless. However, it is paining for the past 2 days and there is a clear discharge with a little bleed.

It definitely needs to be examined by a Gynecologist and treated.

In my opinion I feel it is secondarily infected and hence the pain and discharge. A course of antibiotic after taking a swab from the labial lesion and doing culture and sensitivity will mostly solve the problem.

Even I am not sure if your General Physician can help you on this either.

Get well soon.


Answered: Fri, 22 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Ram Choudhary's  Response
Hi Amber,
You are playing lightly with a serious thing!
A mole is a beningn collection of melanocytes in dermis which are visible and painless mostly smooth and flat macules.
If a mole has recently increased in size, Become painful, raised from surface than earlier, fuid ooze from it, bleeds to touch, feels hot, it's boundaries irregular then it's time for quickest action because all these features are suggestive of it's being converted into a cancer.
Never squeeze it that's the worst thing you can do to spread it to other sites through blood.
I would suggest to consult a plastic surgeon at the earliest and possibly a wide excision(Moh's operation) will be required.
Take Care!
Answered: Fri, 22 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor