Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Persistent lump on the side of head, bruising around eye since weeks of fall. Concerning?

i fell down the stairs just over 2 weeks ago went to a&e and had broken 2 bones in my hand and a had hit the side of my head (Left) they did usual tests for bleeding (no- xray ) and couldnt find any signs of abnormal bleeding. However two weeks later i still have a lump on the side of my head. There is still a bit of bruising under and around the eye but is loads better than it first appeared. Should this still be of concern?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
This would be the normal course of recovery from your injuries. The lump will be bruising in the tissues where a small amount of blood will have collected and this can take sometime to completely disappear abd may be tender. The bruising that is visible around the eye may take over a week to completely resolve.
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr K A Pottinger.
Answered: Sun, 18 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor