Persistent itching in butt since pregnancy, get whitish mucus from the site post delivery. Advice?

i am a 33 year old mother of 3 and while I was pregnant with my third I noticed I started getting itchy in my butt area. I thought it might have been caused by all the weight I gained some how and it just seemed like extra sweaty but when it didnt stop after giving birth and losing a few pounds I also noticed that it was accompanied by clear or whitish mucus or puss like leakage. I googled a few things and came across Pilonidal disease that seems to fit but im not sure and I dont know whether to go to my regular dr or my gyne.
Wed, 6 Mar 2019