Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Persistent hard lump on labia transformed into scar tissue, itchiness over vagina, have many partners. STD?

Hi there, In December I engaged in sexual intercourse with a new partner for the first time. Approximately 10 days after that I noticed a hard lump on my labia majora . It almost looked like a spider bite . It wasn t sore, but before it appeared that area was itchy and then proceeded to be itchy and a little sensitive when the lump appeared. The next day or two it was still a lump but the top turned into something that looked a little wet and like a bit of an open wound. The lump went down within a day or two and and then the spot looked like scar tissue . Over about a weeks time it was gone. I visited a doctor about it and she thought it was just an ingrown hair . I thought I had another recurrence that was a little lower and was smaller a few months later, so I went to my doctor to show her and she again said it looked like an in grown hair. It s now been 8 months and 2 days ago I noticed that same lump as the first time, in the exact same spot, which is near my clitoris but on labia majora. It again was a lump yesterday and then formed that bit of that scar tissue look today. Any suggestions on what this is? I am terrified it may be an STD . I am 23 and in my past I have had more than a sexual partners. Thanks for your time.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  529
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there Courtney. Great to see a detailed history & clinical features listed. Does really help us give you a clearer picture...thanks. I understand your fear regards STD's given your past history. Have any of your previous partners admitted to or been treated to a condition known as 'herpes'? I could be wrong of course (as this is a 'virtual' consult) but your history & clinical features suggest a condition called herpes simplex. In your case, it is very possible to be sexually transmitted. However, you may want to do some blood tests to check out if this theory is viable & to assess your condition & for future prognosis. I suggest going in for a IgG/IgM herpes tests for herpes1 & 2. Dont worry if this sounds Greek/Latin & dont be scared. Take the report to your dermatologist &/or venereologist & he/she will help you understand it further one way or the other. Alternatively, if you prefer getting back to me, & desire discretion, you have the option of looking me up on this portal exclusively & privately & taking this further in coordination with the healthcaremagic team who will help you get to me. No need to be terrified...the need of the hour is 'practicality'..need to first be sure what it is & then treat it accordingly & take the necessary precautions for the future. Am not clear on your age & marital status et al, so will defer from advising you on a further course of action et al until i hear from you again. Cheers & trust this was useful. regds...Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist & Venereologist, Bangalore, India
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor