Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Persistent feeling of a lump in throat. Why is the irritation? Take carafate PRN?

Persistent feeling of a lump in throat that I can neither swallow or cough up Cough due to irritation from the lump feeling--feeling that I need to cough the lump up Throat irritation , causing the cough. I do have acid reflux which I have taken Nexium and Dexilant for quiet some time--even have nausea and vomiting that I take Carafate PRN. Also have IBS. Could my GERD be causing all these irritations?? The cough is driving me bonkers Thank you in advance MM
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hello thanks for consulting at hcm.. it could be due to lymph node enlargement ad tonsils inflammed,, plz do saline gargle thrice daily, drink hot water,,if u havent taken a course f antibiotics and analgescis,,better consult a ENT specialist for prescription and check up,, hope it helps,,tc
Answered: Sat, 29 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor