Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Persistent cough, congestion, pain in rib area while coughing, breathing deeply. Is it serious?

I ve been sick with congestion and a persistent cough . Recently, I started having pain under my right shoulder blade and around my rib area when I cough. It has gotten increasingly more a sharp stabbing pain when I cough and now when I breathe deeply. Is this something serious or should I see a doctor? It doesn t seem to be going away.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  303
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Having dry and irritating cough one gets this type of pain due tostrain on chest muscles.
You may require evaluation of your case.
Go for x-ray chest and complete blood checking to know the nature of chest infection.
Consult your doctor and get examined.
After examination plan of treatment can be decided.
In simple viral or lower respiratory tract infection one can get this type of coughing as well.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sun, 25 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor