Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Persistent cough. Prescribed foracort inhaler. X-ray shows acute bronchitis. Symptoms of asthma?

Hi, I am 25 Year old, I had cough from 1 month and consulted few doctors. I got an X-ray done and manul testing for TB. X-ray indicates Acute Bronchities, so doctor has asked me to take Foracort 200 Inhaler for 3 months with regular visits. Though After using the Inhaler as prescribed , I do not have cough. Is this an indication of Asthma? Should I be using it on a long run?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
you are having Acute bronchitis and which is commonly seen after viral infection and it makes airways hyper responsive and accompanied inflammation and mucus causes narrowing of airways which is similar to asthma but this is short lasting and once it clears off you will have normal lung function.
If you are comfortable with inhaler then it is good as it gives minimum possible dose of steroids and can be taken in case of emergency and side effects are nil or negligible.
In very few patients this type of reactive bronchitis is some time persistent.
I hope you will not be required to take it in long run.
Please be aware that bronchitis is mainly due to smoking so please do not smoke .
Take care
Good Luck.
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor