Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Persistent bruise on arm, painful when extending arm. Can this be dangerous?

a friend of mine pinched my arm really hard. It bruised then i had crisis intervention training for work about a month later and the same spot was reinjured. The returned and it has been about 6 or 7 months and it has not went away. Can this be dangerous. It doesn t hurt but sometimes when i extend my arm to reach for something i becomes painful.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

It won't be dangerous ,but you can get this evaluated to see if there is a subcutaneous hematoma in this region.This might be the reason of it being painful on extending arm.Doctor might want to get a sonography done to have look at underlying tissue.

If the hematoma is large doctor might suggest evacuation or else conservative management would be suggested.

Answered: Tue, 27 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor