Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Permanent relief from polio

My mom is a polio victim from the age of 4 but she can walk without any trouble. her age at today is 52 years. from almost 1 year she get a very hard pain in his TAALU( sorry i dont know english word it means paav kia nichla hissa) whenever she wake up after sleeping and for some time she takes suuport from wall to walk. her leg's portion AROUND ANKLE gets swell (suzan) and lots of pain. we go to many doctor but each nd every gave him VITAMIN PILL AND PAIN KILLer. but how can we get permanent relief from this because pain killer is not the right solution. plz. help me
Asked On : Wed, 10 Mar 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  349
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

I would recommend a good massage therapy and it will surely help her raher than thos electric treatments. Human touch in a massage is a good solution for many neurological issues I guess.

Answered: Sat, 13 Mar 2010
  User's Response

Thanks for your reply sir.  My mom dips his legs in medium hot water every evening but its doesn't help very much. Sir  where can I get good massage therepy. can it be done by expeienced DAI?

Answered: Sat, 13 Mar 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor