Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Peritoneal spill seen in the fallopian tube. Isthmic occlusion of the right fallopian tube. What does it mean?

i did a tube test and recieve the results today and the FINDINGS is:The endometrial canal is normal in shape and volume. The left fallopian tube outlines normally and there is a peritoneal spill,The right fallopian tude does not opacify with contrast ,what does that mean ? IMPRESSION : Features consistent with isthmic occlusion of the right fallopian tube. can you please explain it for me in simplier words am trying to get pregnant.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  364
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The result means tube on left is normal and patent and tube on right side is blocked at it isthmal portion.Ithamus is portion of fallopain tube which lies in wall of uterus.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor