Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Periodic aching at the base of the eye ball, crepitus in jaw, hands tingle when sneezing, cold and numbness feeling in cheek and tongue. Which doctor should I see?

I have periodic aching at the base of my right eyeball for a couple of months. I also have crepitus in my jaw (but this i not new.) I ve had it for many years. The I ve also noticed that when I sneeze , my hands tingle for a few seconds. The last thing going on is that the last few days my cheek and sometimes back of my tongue feel funny - kind of like they are cold/numb feeling. I m most concerned about the aching eye and strange cheek and tongue feeling. Could all this be related and what could be the cause? What kind of doctor should I see?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response

You are not mentioning your age, anyway, the pain in the right eyeball might be related to eye high pressure. So, it is good to check by an oculist who will see what's happening inside your eye.

You are also not mentioning if you are suffering of high blood pressure or diabetes. The cold/numb feeling you have in your tongue could be related to a partial paralysis or any inner ear problem.

First, check with your GP who will take your medical history and would examine better if to send to an ENT specialist, a neurologist or cardiologist.

Answered: Tue, 8 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor