Period is late. Stopped Ortho Micronor. Reason?

I stopped taking ortho micronor over a month ago, had a regular period, but am now 5 days late. There is no way I could be pregnant, either. What could be the reasons? While on this pill I would get my period every 2 weeks and they would last what seemed like forever, so imagined when I stopped my body do the same, but hasn't! Thanks
Thu, 16 May 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe that there is however a very small chance of becoming pregnant even with the pills for contraception that you are on. It would be good to wait for another week or so and to do a test for pregnancy. I hope this helps. If test is positive you know what it is, if not then you might need a pelvic examination and it might be good to consult a gynecologist. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!