Perforated eardrum, balancing problems, constant tinnitus. Advise?

Hi, i have a perforated eardrum which happened about 10 days ago. I am still experiencing balance problems and constant tinnitus. I haven't been back to work since the incident and have been avoiding noise exposure, but my job has been calling me to find out when i'll be able to return to work but my family doctor did not have a definate answer as to when and i wont be able to see an ENT specialist until may 8th to see if i will require surgery to repair the damage or not.
Sat, 4 May 2013